This week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, asks me to let you know of all the hidden gems I read and reviewed in 2016. Now, these weren’t all published in 2016, but I did read them that year so it counts for me!
- Wishes and Sorrows by Cindy Lynn Speer is a great anthology of short stories that read like fairytales – full of both happy and sad endings
2. The Queen’s Poisoner by Jeff Wheeler is SUCH an amazing fantasy novel, I included it in my top 5 list for 2016. Just love it!
3. Much of Madness by SE Summa was such a great refreshing paranormal read, I really wish she’d come out with a sequel already!
4. The Seer by Grant Palmquist, a super chilling horror story that also appeals to your nostalgia (if you’re old enough to remember the late 80s/early 90s)
5. The Gentleman by Forrest Leo; yaaaas such a funny, absurd, and quirky read. I really want more people to pick this up and read it!
6. White Rabbit Society by Brendan Detzner is a unique paranormal novel that has such an intricate and complex plot, I wanted more. Please, book 2 now?
7. The Telling by Alexandra Sirowy had everything I never knew I needed! Intrigue, murder, mystery, and love.
8. The Glass Republic by Tom Pollock; a great sequel in the Skyscraper Throne series. Better than the first. Like a junior Neverwhere.
9. And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich. Now, I don’t know if this is a hidden gem or not but I loved it and didn’t see much hype around it. Def great creepy story!
10. Chemistry by CL Lynch I NEED EVERYONE TO PICK THIS UP! So much fun, an amazingly written parody but even a great book that stands on its own as well. A++
Have you guys read any of these? What were your hidden finds? Let me know below!